Proving effectiveness is never easy, particularly for healthcare organizations. Yet patients, consumers, insurers, government and the public all want to hold HCOs accountable. They look for reliable performance measures not only to continue supporting an organization, but for funding and accreditation purposes as well. Performance measures offer many uses:
- Tracking performance over time
- Providing information for external and internal sources
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Facilitating comparisons of programs or facilities
- Determining priorities for health initiatives
Think about the program plan you are crafting. Briefly describe how performance measures could be used to support your program.
Please make your initial post by midweek, and respond to at least one other student’s post by the end of the week. Please check theÂ Course CalendarÂ for specific due dates.