Instructions and possible resources:
Design a hypothetical experiment in which you take a neutral stimulus and condition a person or animal to respond to it. You will be expected to write a lab report where you will discuss your approach, the principles you used, and make conclusions about how you successfully or not used conditioning principles. Please include the following in your lab report:
1. Question: What are you trying to achieve? Make a person blink on cue.
2. Hypothesis: I predict that I can make a person blink at the sound of a doorbell.
- The procedure for your classical conditioning experiment needs to be written in paragraph format.
- Outline each step in the procedure.
- You may use clip art if you’d like to illustrate your experiment.
- Define all the terms used (e.g., CS, CR, UCS, UCR).
- Assume that I do not know anything about the subject or the experiment.
- Provide a good summary of your experiment.
- Include the potential results of the experiment:
- Do you think your experiment will work?
- What are some factors that can make your experiment a success?
- Why do you think your experiment may fail?
- Could your subject generalize their response?
- Make sure to cite your sources using APA Style.