We use computers and electronic systems to run and store just about everything. Personal computers and the Internet are now included as part of the Department of Homeland Security’s cybersecurity issues.
Cybersecurity involves protecting the information by preventing, detecting, and responding to attacks on information that is housed in technology.
There are many levels of risks in cybersecurity, some more serious and damaging than others. Among these dangers are:
- Viruses erasing the entire system.
- Individuals breaking into personal computer systems and altering the systems’ files.
- Individuals using personal computers to attack others’ computer systems.
- Individuals stealing credit card information and making unauthorized purchases.
Unfortunately, there is no 100% guarantee that even with the best precautions some of these things won’t happen. Risk reduction steps exist to minimize vulnerability to information.
Create a PowerPoint Presentation containing 6 slides to address the following:
- Analyze and discuss the vulnerabilities and recommend what security management can do to minimize the potential of a government or private organization being at risk for cybersecurity damage.
- Outline the steps you recommend and identify any impediments to successfully implementing the suggested cybersecurity program.
Support your presentation with at least three outside scholarly resources using APA in-text citations. Add detailed speaker notes for each of the slides.