FIRST you have to watch the movie ( boyz in the hood) its like 1:52 Minute, you can find it online or here is the link http://www.veoh.com/watch/v62485224nX4s88xY?h1=Boyz+n+the+Hood+
CJ 3311 – Final Paper Requirements
You will be watching the movie “Boyz In The Hood” and will be required to write a
paper applying Criminological theory to the characters in the movie.
The paper will be in:
TIMES NEW ROMAN font
1 INCH MARGINS
Each part of the requirements are to be on separate pages (Each summarization of theories, each application of theories & preventative factors.)
Points will be taken off for failure to adhere to the above requirements.
The page count will be 6 pages total, including a cover page.
- Choose 2 specific theories of crime, summarize them in your own words and use them to explain criminal behavior by the character Dough Boy (played by Ice Cube). (I do NOT want generic theories, for example “biological theory” I want specific theories like “Lombroso’s Criminal Man”)
For requirement #1, you are required to do the following for each of the two theories:
Summarize the specific theory of crime in your OWN WORDS (do not copy out of the book) for each of the two theories you choose (150 words each / approximately ½ page typed)
Example: “Cohen & Felson’s Routine Activities Theory contends that crime occurs when there is a convergence of time and space of three factors: motivated offender, suitable target and lack of a capable guardian. A motivated offender is ____. A suitable offender is ____ . The lack of a capable guardian is _____.”
For each theory, use specific examples from the movie to support why you chose the theory (for example, when Dough Boy did ____ and it demonstrated the concept of _______ from _____ theory) (300 words / 1 page for each)
Example: “In the Youtube robbery, there was a convergence in time and space of the three factors. The three individuals that were in the truck were motivated offenders. The guy walking by himself with his headphones on was a suitable target because _____. Since he was alone and there was no one else on the street, there was a lack of a capable guardian.”
- Explain what factors from specific theories prevent the character Tre (Cuba Gooding Jr.) from engaging in criminal behavior.
For requirement #2, you are required to do the following:
Explain what factors from specific theories prevent the character Tre (Cuba Gooding Jr.) from engaging in criminal behavior. (for example, ______ theory contends that _____ prevents people from engaging in crime and Tre _____ )
(300 words / 1 page)
Final Paper Format
• Cover Page
• 150-word summary of the theory of crime (Theory 1)
• 300-word application of the theory to Dough Boy (Theory 1)
• 150-word summary of the theory of crime (Theory 2)
• 300-word application of the theory to Dough Boy (Theory 2)
• 300-word application of the theory that explain why Tre does not engage in crime
Miller, Mitchell, Christopher Schreck, Richard Tewksbury, and Bannes, J. Criminological Theory: A Brief Introduction, 4th Edition. Prentice Hall. 2014. Print
this is the book that u should use only as references with the film.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂