- The grantee of the estate for years:
has the land only for the period for which it is granted to him/her.
can sell the land to someone else.
can grant the land to someone else for life estate.
can bequeath the land to someone else through a will.
- A _____ is the one who gifts his personal property to someone.
- Which of the following forms of holding a property is specific to married couples?
Joint tenants with right of survivorship
Tenants by the entirety
Tenants in common
- Conversion is the less severe trespass, while trespass to personal property is a more substantial interruption of the owner or possessor’s right to own or possess personal property.
- Identify the crime that uses unfair marketing techniques and conduct designed to eliminate competition through unfair means.
- The Eight Amendment:
establishes our constitutional right to an attorney through the important phases of the criminal process.
protects us against the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment by the government.
prohibits the making of any law infringing on the freedom of speech and freedom of press.
provides constitutional protection against self-incrimination.
- Real property is land and anything permanently attached to it such as houses.
- Which of the following statements is true regarding a stolen property?
One who steals personal property acquires title to the property.
One who steals personal property can convey title to a buyer by selling the property to the buyer.
The true owner retains the right to the goods, even though he or she is not in possession of them.
A person who purchases a stolen property can acquire the title of the stolen property if he can prove that at the time of purchasing the property, he did not know that the property was stolen.
- Antitrust crimes involve unfair marketing techniques and conduct designed to eliminate competition through unfair means.
- Many white collar crimes are violent and target specific victims.
- Tenants by the entirety is a form of holding property that is specific to married couples.
- Which of the following laws are often called “blue sky” laws?
Laws related to piracy
The Internet related laws
The laws related to blue collar crime
- If, rather that have the interest after the life estate go to a third party, the grantor dictates that the interest is to return to the grantor, this is _____.
estate for years
- The _____ Amendment establishes our constitutional right to an attorney through the important phases of the criminal process.
- Most business crimes are referred to as _____ crimes.