[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
1) William, who wrote a novel twenty years ago about a school for magicians, sues J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, for copyright infringement. William will probably lose, because
2) Attorneys Arianna and Alexander share an office that has a sign reading: “A & A, a law firm.” Their billing invoices have both their names on them, and they deposit their earnings and cover the rent from the same account. They do not share profits or have any agreement to be partners. Dexter, a client of Arianna’s for the past two years, sues both Arianna and Alexander, alleging that Arianna committed malpractice. If Dexter wins in court and is awarded $50,000 in damages, who is liable to him?
3) Cary, Dean, and Madeline are partners in a furniture store. While on his way to deliver some furniture to a customer, Cary accidentally runs over Pamela Pedestrian. Pamela sues the partnership. Which of the following is true?
4) Danette takes her coat into Quik Clean Dry Cleaners and leaves it there to be picked up in one hour. Quik loses her coat, so Danette sues Quik. In this instance,
5) Mark, Matt, and Janina have a partnership. Which of the following will dissolve it?
6) Kevin and Emily own a house as joint tenants. If Kevin dies, Emily will own
7) Aaron and Jerard form a partnership, with Aaron as general partner and Jerard as a limited partner. Which of the following is true?
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]