Final Paper on Climate change and Sustainability of a Developing Country
The minimum length of your report should not be less than 8 pages text only. Images and pictures are not included in that 8 page limit. You are more than welcome to add as much as information you want to add in your report. It should be a report like a term paper.
Please, make sure you are submitting your report by Thursday at 3:00 p.m, on 05/08/14; via email and make sure you receive my response that will say “your paper has been received”. Or you can submit it in person in class we meet for our regular lectures on the same date (05/08/14) and time 12:45 – 3:00 p.m.
Please, use page number and index for your paper. Make sure you are covering the following issues that are mentioned below:
- Select a country from the following list:
Bangladesh, India, Madagascar, Nepal, Mozambique, Philippines, Haiti, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malawi, Pakistan.
- Find reports that discussed the climate change issues and impact of your selected country (online search).
- Provide brief background information of your selected country (e.g., economy, education, environment, and culture)
- What is the current situation of sea level rise of that particular country, if your selected country is vulnerable to sea level rise?
- Are there any projection by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) that indicate sever consequences of that particular country due to the climatic change in the future?
- What are problems that people of that particular country is facing due to the climate change?
- Area there any recent natural disasters that hit that particular country and caused loss of lives and economic damage?
- What are adaptation and mitigation measures that are been taken to address the climate change issues of that country?
- How government and international organizations are involved to in terms of taking actions to reduce the impact of global climate change through local initiative?
- What is your suggestions for this country to address issues that are related with climate change and how to make sure a sustainable development for that country?
Please, include all the sources as a bibliography at the end of your report and cite them in the body of your paper.
***No copy and paste is acceptable, and doing so, you will receive no credit for this report!