“Class struggle” of Marx and Beethoven’s symphony No.5
write the term paper according to the outline that I uploaded, but the content can be revised and changed when you write the term paper due to your point of view.
2. focus on the relation between Karl Marx and music.
3. read and use all the bibliography that I uploaded, but added more in the term paper. (10 bibliography in total should be in the term paper)
4. read the instructions that I uploaded.
5. I suggest you to read the lecture materials I uploaded.
- . Choose one of two
- 1. I will remove
- of the underlined text and rearrange the order of the eight
- terms below. You will have to fill in the blanks. Every blank will be worth 1 point.
- “a thing which through its
satisfies human needs of whatever kind.” (125)
- “the usefulness of a thing….conditioned by the physical properties of the commodity,
and has no existence apart from the latter…is independent of the amount of
appropriate its useful qualities….Use-values are only realized
in use or in consumption
- “appears first of all as the quantitative relation, the proportion, in which
- of one kind
- of another kind. This relation changes constantly
- with time and place….[It depends upon the possibility of a] common element of identical
- magnitude exists in two different things, in [a bushel of] corn and similarly in a [pile of] iron.
- Both are therefore equal to a third thing, which in itself is neither the one nor the other. [Note,
- Marx doesn’t raise the issue of money here, not yet.] Each of them, so far as it is
- must therefore be reducible to this third thing.” (126-27)
- Congealed labour-time
- “The value of a commodity is related to the value of any other
commodity as the
necessary for the production of the one is related to the
necessary for the production of the other. ‘As
, all commodities are merely
Critique of Political Economy
- “…labour whose utility is represented by the use-value of its product, or by the
fact that its product is a use-value. In this connection we consider only its useful effect.” (132)
of the commodity does not…arise from its use-
value. [Which is clear: a tomato is for eating; a comb is for combing hair.]…. The mysterious
character of the commodity-form consists…simply in the fact that the commodity reflects the
of men’s own
themselves, as the socio-natural properties of these things. “ (164-65)
- “…the commodity-form, and the value-relation of the products of labour within
which it appears [
have absolutely no connection
with the physical nature of the
commodity and the
arising out of this [
]. It is nothing but the definite
relation between men
themselves which assumes here, for them, the fantastic form of a
relation between things
- “…the products of the human brain [exchange values and commodities] appear as
autonomous figures endowed with a life of their own, which enter into relations both with each
other and with the human race. So it is in the world of commodities with the products of men’s
hands. I call this the
which attaches itself to the
of labour as soon as they are
produced as commodities, and is therefore inseparable from the production of commodities.”
2. Use at least four of the terms above in a prose passage of about 200 words.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂