Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Charlie Wilson’s War
Film Movie Review
Select one of the following questions:
1. How did Charlie Wilson go about building his team? What kind of people did he include as team members? How did he convince them to join him?
2. What were the circumstances that allowed “civilians” to wage a war?
3. What motivated Charlie Wilson to wage war against the Soviets? Provide specific examples.
4. What leadership roles can you identify in this film?
5. How did Charlie Wilson secure the financial backing to carry out his plans? Could the same strategy(ies) be used today? If yes, how so? If no, why not? What style of leadership did it require?
6. In consideration of the American people, was what Charlie Wilson did morally right? Was he ethically right? If you were in charge of investigating Charlie Wilson and in consideration of the facts as they were presented in the movie what would you decide?
Use the following for reference How To Analyze a Film As you might guess, conducting a semiotic (symbolic) analysis of a film is a somewhat more complicated venture than conducting a semiotic analysis of a print advertisement. Preparation for this assignment requires the following: 1. Locating, renting, and watching the film 2. Going through the steps for conducting an analysis of a film as outlined above 3. Choosing a film study question to answer. After completing the steps, your paper should include the following: 1.) Your film study question 2.) A thesis statement 3.) A short but detailed description of the film 4.) An analysis of the film related to your chosen question that includes some of the details/discoveries that you made while completing the steps Modified from: B Hughes , CA State University Bakersfieldless