[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Paper Topic: Biomechanics in practice
Read the following :
Mitchell Forster, a top order batsman and slips fielder, had to withdraw from the Australian Cricket Tour of India in 2014 due to a recurrent hamstring injury. His most recent acute injury occurred during while running to field a ball and then throwing the ball to the wicket keeper. The Australian team physiotherapist described this most recent acute injury as an exacerbation of severe proximal/high hamstring tendinopathy. An uncertain prognosis for the return to play was reported by the physiotherapist.
This requires you to present a Powerpoint presentation of 12 slides (Three main headings; for each main heading you should have four subheadings) with attached notes of 200 words per slide (excluding the references that will be below the 200 words). These notes are the notes that you would use to present the presentation and are to be in dot point form and fully referenced. The pictures have to be referenced as well.
The design of the slides should be:
2. Limited bullet points & text (On the slide)
3. Limited Transitions & builds (animation)
4. Use high-quality graphics (pictures)
5. Have a visual theme, but avoid using PowerPoint templates
6. Use appropriate charts (If needed)
Use in-text reference on the slide and full reference on the notes section. For the pictures in-text reference it has to be neat and small. As for the 200 words, make sure the references are in-text as well. and once you finish writing the 200 words you should put the full references below them.
• Presentation /20 marks: Evidence of independently sourced wide reading from peer reviewed references. Sources of information are properly cited, (APA 6th ed), can determine credibility and authority of the information presented. The references of the 200 words in each slide contain complete information and are referenced correctly. There are no spelling or grammatical or punctuation errors, you adhere to format requirements outlined in the assessment task and meet the slide limits/ time limits set for the task. Visual presentation and is clear cohesive and creative using pictures and text.
Complete references are to be submitted with your presentation in the form APA 6th below the 200 words that were written in the attached notes of each slide + the full references of the picture that was used in each slide.
You must use high quality peer-reviewed scientific literature as references – not Wikipedia,
physiopedia or websites, blogs, or business sites
1. Define and explain high hamstring tendinopathy
•Describe what is high /proximal hamstring tendinopathy what is it about the tendon – what occurs in the tendon? and why would a cricket player get it ? what is about what he has to do in cricket
2. Describe the possible biomechanical causes of high hamstring tendinopathy in cricket players
•Think of the requirements of a slips fielder and a top order batter – what is it about those position / activities could potentially be a cause of his problems
3. Describe a progressive rehabilitation plan – based on current evidence based practice of high
hamstring tendinopathy for Mitchell Foster (starting from this acute episode of injury)
B. In this task you should consider the following three points (These are the Marking Criteria of the assignment please make sure you COVER them in the assignment):
1. Identify the normal and abnormal changes that occur in muscle and collagenous tissues in particular with respect to aging, injury and pathology
•Criterion: Be able to identify the normal and abnormal changes that occur in muscle and collagenous tissues in particular with respect to aging, injury and pathology; / 40 marks: Your definition and explanation of is precise tendinopathy is succinct. You demonstrate a deep and informed level of understanding of pathomechanics and possible biomechanical causes of high tendinopathy hamstring in cricket players.
2. Apply biomechanical principles to the implementation of rehabilitative exercise and safe manual handling.
•Criterion: Be able to apply biomechanical principles to the implementation of rehabilitative exercise /40 marks: Your discussion regarding rehabilitation demonstrates deep assimilation of biomechanics knowledge with current evidence base practice. Your rehabilitation plan is clearly directed at Mitchell Forster and his needs within cricket at high competent level that can be clearly followed and implemented and is based on current research.
3. Describe the anatomical structures, tissue mechanical responses, aids, devices and control mechanisms involved in walking, running, transfers and upper limb activities across the lifespan.
The task strongly links key biomechanics concepts of tissues and tissue healing to a clinical scenario, with a progressive rehabilitation plan
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]