Please view the following videos:
- Then read the following article, which can be found on Pubmed.com. Please consult with a librarian if you have difficulty finding or retrieving the article.
Predictors of Bone Mineral Density in African-American and Caucasian College-Aged Women
*Andrea K. Johnson 1, M. Allison Ford 2, Tamekia L. Jones 3, Vinayak K. Nahar 2, Jeffrey S. Hallam 4
Library Learning Activities BIO 111 (ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY 1)
Reading and understanding current literature in the biological and health sciences is a very important component in the education of the undergraduate college student and especially to the developing health professional. Therefore, all students in Biology 111 will need to complete a review of TWO ARTICLES (ASSIGNMENT 1 and ASSIGNMENT 2) from professional journals using the following guidelines:
All information SHOULD BE TYPED ON ONE TO TWO PAGES. Type double or 1.5 spaced, size 12font, margin 1” left, right, upper and lower.
- At the top of your paper cite the article using APA format (refer to the following link:https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/10/).
- Identify the purpose of the study.
- Briefly explain the normal anatomy and physiology of the system being investigated.
- Identify the variables being examined (i.e. what is being measured?).
- Briefly summarize the findings of the research.
- Explain why the findings of this study are important.