In the unit studies, you read the case of “BASF: Increasing Farm Yields Through Innovations in Chemistry.” For this assignment, you will review this case and analyze BASF’s efforts to ensure an effective and efficient supply chain. Complete the following:
- Review “BASF: Increasing Farm Yields Through Innovations in Chemistry,” on pages 31â€“39 in your textbook, Strategic Supply Chain Management.
- Describe the problems BASF faced in dealing with unpredictable demand, and respond to the following questions:
- How has BASF’s differentiated supply chain models worked to leverage its economies of scale and extensive knowledge of its customers’ industries?
- What are characters of BASF’s innovative harmonized processes? Has the harmonization strategy impeded BASF’s supply chain improvements?
- Describe how BASF resolved those problems to develop a more effective and efficient global operations and supply chain process, and respond to the following questions:
- Would the production approach of Verbund be sufficient to handle the two scenarios described at the beginning of the case?
- How has BASF streamlined supply chain processes without sacrificing responsiveness?
- Is the harmonization an effective long-term strategy? Why or why not?
Your assignment should be 3â€“4 double-spaced pages. Refer to the BASF Case Study Scoring Guide to ensure you meet all evaluation criteria prior to submitting your assignment.
In order to make sure you will address all issues assigned in a discussion post, you should use assigned questions as section titles and then address them one-by-one.
Read the following in your textbook, Strategic Supply Chain Management: The Five Disciplines for Top Performance:
- Chapter 1, “Discipline 1: Align Your Supply Chain With Your Business Strategy,” pages 1â€“29.
- Supply Chain Management Profile: “BASF: Increasing Farm Yields Through Innovations in Chemistry,” pages 31â€“39.
- for the ebookÂ go to www.vitalsource.com. I will give you the user name and password upon hand shake