Construct Figure 18.44 in Multisim with Vi(t) set to the pulse train as below.
- Run simulation to perform Fourier and Transient Analysis to measure the output voltage ‘Vc(t)’.
- Record the voltage ‘Vc(t)’ and the current ‘I’ through the capacitor in the table below.
- Take the screen capture for the measurements for ‘Vc(t)’ and line spectrum from Fourier analysis.
- Add 5% tolerances to resistor and inductor and repeat step 3.
|Measured ‘Vc (t)’||Measured current ‘I’|
- Answer the following questions:
- Explain the effect of tolerance on output voltage ‘Vc(t)’.
- Identify the frequencies and trace the frequency spectrum for the voltage ‘Vc(t)’.
- How does tolerance effect the frequencies in the spectrum and the output voltage? Explain with the help of measurement results and screenshots.