Essential Services Personal Interview
Select a population (maternal, infant, child, adolescent, young adults, older adults, elderly) and research the most critical health issues affecting this population.
- Describe the most critical health issues affecting your selected population.
- Describe at least three public health/community services that exist in your own community to address these issues.
- Do you feel your organization has made a difference?
- What are your main barriers and how are the barriers to services being addressed?
- What are the ethical considerations of your services and how are they addressed?
- How is your organization funded?
- What concerns are still unmet in your opinion? Are these areas that will be addressed in the future?
- What role does your organization play in the overall public health arena?
Contact one of these services’ directors (or representative) and inquire about the agency’s effectiveness by asking these questions:
- Present a brief overview of the organization, including its mission and goals/objectives, and then post your interview notes in the discussion forum
- Your original post must contain at least one additional scholarly source in addition to the textbook.