Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Illustrate how well, or not, ASDA utilize the roles of public relations, sales promotions, and advertising.
The review must include a critical evaluation of the principles, practice and effectiveness of the above. You should use subheadings to break up your content and can include graphics (such as visuals and screen shots) to illustrate your answer.
The advertising section must cover press, broadcast and electronic media whilst for the sales promotion section, you will need to look for examples of save, free and win promotions as well as any loyalty schemes.
The public relations section will need to assess both media coverage and any direct campaigns to particular stakeholders. You will need to both analyze and evaluate the effective usage of the marcomms media and not just describe.
ASDA Website: http://www.asda.com/
– PLEASE LIMIT THE WORD COUNT TO MAX OF 2750 (Excluding bibliography)
– illustrations are significant in the advertising section.
– Attached is one good example to follow.
– Make sure that you cover DRIP (Differentiate, Remind/Reassure, Inform, and Persuade.
– Make sure to cover a campaign
– Make sure to cover Free, Save, and Win concepts in the sales promotion sections.
– Please only use references from the reference list attached as much as needed.
Fill, C (2011), Essentials of Marketing Communications, Financial Times/Prentice Hall
Smith P & Z Zook (2011) Marketing Communication – integrating offline and online with social media, London, Kogan Page
Brand Anarchy (2012), Waddington & Earle, London, Bloomsbury,
Yeshin, T. (2006) Advertising. London, Thomson.
Bird, D. (2007) Commonsense, direct and digital marketing. 5th edition. London, Kogan Page.
Mullin R (2010) Sales Promotion, 5th ed. London: Kogan Page
Roman, K. and Maas, J. (2005) How to advertise – what works, what doesn’t and why. 3rd edition. London, Kogan Page
Clow, K. and Baack, D. (2007) Integrated advertising, promotion and marketing communications. 3rd edition. Pearson.
- De Pelsmacker, P. et al (2007) Marketing communications: a European perspective. 3rd edition. Harlow, Pearson.
- Pickton, D. and Broderick, A. (2008) Integrated marketing communications. 3rd edition. Harlow, Prentice Hall.
- Shimp, T. (2006) Advertising, promotion and supplemental aspects of integrated marketing communications. 7th edition. US, South Western College Publishing.