FORMAT FOR ARTICLE SUMMARIES
Your name and the date should be in the heading of the first page.
Title of the Article
Purpose of the article — approximately 4 sentences.
The purpose must be clearly written and reflect the essence of the article. It sets up the summary of important findings and the conclusion. The purpose should capture the reader’s attention so that he / she wants to read the remainder of the article.
Summary of important findings (one- three paragraphs)
Conclusion (student’s analysis, assessment or opinion of the article) (one paragraph)
Summaries are not to exceed one and one half pages in length. Students will use 12 point type with one and ½ line spacing in the text and double spacing between main subject areas.
Below are some style suggestions for you to follow in the section which summarizes important findings:
- present the information accurately (no mistakes of interpretation, no unjustified emphases of certain information)
- write in a clear, concise, unambiguous style – use the data from the materials whenever and wherever possible
- write without spelling or grammatical errors, avoiding long, run-on sentences
- do not, in your summary, refer to the original article in any way. In other words, avoid expressions such as “this article says…the author asserts,” and so forth.
- do not quote from the original article
- do write the entire summary in your own words.
The length limitations on the summary will force you to write efficiently. You will have to edit your writing so that it fits the limitations. Read your paper aloud before submitting to ensure it “makes sense”. Editing improves writing style and clarity.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!