Arab Marxism and Arab Islamism
Compare and contrast the successes and failures of Arab Marxism and Arab Islamism since their 1920s emergence in the Arab region to the present day – where they succeeded and failed, during what periods of time, and why.
PLEASE DO NOT WIKIPEDIA AND CITE IT AS A BOOK
The essay can be split this way, stick to the question also
Arab Marxism:Successes and failures, why where and when
Arab Islamism:Successes and failures, why, where and when
Cite these sources:
• Bashir, Sulayman, Communism in the Arab East 1918-1928 (London: Ithaca Press, 1980).
• Jean Mathews, Marxism and the Muslim World (New York: Penguin, 1974).
• Allan Woods, Revolution until Victory: Arab Revolutions, a Marxist Analysis (London: Wellred Books, 2011).
• Maxime Rodinson, Marxism and the Muslim world; translated [from the French] by Michael Pallis (London: Monthly Review Books, 1982).
• Essam Mohammed Hassan (ed.), Revitalization of political thought through democracy and human rights: Islamism, Marxism and Pan Arabism, translated by Mannar Wafaa and Wasim Wagdy (Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies, CIHRS,1996).
• Tareq Y.Ismael, The Arab left (Syracuse, N.Y. : Syracuse University Press, 1976).
• Abdel Moghny Said, Arab socialism (London : Blandford Press, 1972).
• Albert Hourani, Arabic Thought in the Liberal Age 1798-1939 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1983).
• Malcom Kerr, Islamic Reform: The Political and Legal Theories of Muhammad Abdu and Rashid Rida (Berkeley: California University Press, 1966).
• Peter Mandaville, Global Political Islam (Routledge: 2007).
• Roel Meijer, Global Salafism: Islam’s New Religious Movement (London: Hurst, 2010).
CITE PAGES FROM THE BOOK IN THE IN TEXT CITATIONS
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂