[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
When social workers use solution-focused therapy to work with a client, they employ a variety of principles and techniques. For example, social workers may de-emphasize client problems, look for previous solutions to client problems, and use the compliments technique to work with clients. Using these techniques and others in solution-focused therapy is important to the success of the intervention.
For this Application Assignment, review the case studies provided in this week’s Learning Resources, and select one. Think about intervention and assessment strategies that you might use based on the case study. Consider how you might use compliments and at least one other technique associated with solution-focused therapy to work with the clients in case study you selected.
The assignment (2– pages):
USE ONE OF THE CASE STUDIES THAT IS ATTACHED WITH THE FILES
• Briefly describe the case study you selected.
• Explain two strategies you might use to develop an intervention to address issues in the case study.
• Explain how you might use the compliments technique and at least one other technique to move the client toward solutions.
• Explain why the compliments technique and the other technique you selected could be effective solution-focused therapy techniques to use with clients in the case study.
• Share an insight or conclusion you drew about the nature of solution-focused therapy in social work. Support your response with references to the Learning Resources.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]