[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Use another discussion topic area to identify a research question you created in week 1 that would utilize one of the following: one-way ANOVA or repeated measures ANOVA. This discussion topic you selected will help you with the Written Proposal Assignment”. If you cannot find any topic in the remaining 9 research questions topics/questions that fit any of these types of statistical analyses (one-way ANOVA or repeated measures ANOVA), feel free to find a new question of your choice in the area of cognitive behavior that you are comfortable with.
Discussion Question Requirements
Highlight and Discuss the following:
• Identify an appropriate research question that would require the use of a one-way or repeated measures ANOVA to answer. Pick the question from the remaining 9 list you created or identify a new question (of your choice you are comfortable with) if there are no appropriate ones from week 1.
• Describe why this question is appropriate for the selected statistical test.
• Identify the variables in this study and each of their attributes: discrete or continuous, quantitative or categorical, and scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio).
• Do the variables fit the qualifications for the selected statistical test? Explain.
• List the statistical notation and written explanation for the null and alternative hypotheses.
• Describe the types of errors that could occur.
Only two pages but one extra will help
Research Proposal (3 pages)
Based on the work conducted in the Basic ANOVA Study discussion, prepare a basic research proposal that calls for the use of a one-way or repeated measures ANOVA.
Please include the following in the research proposal:
Abstract: very succinct
Introduction: (1-2 paragraphs)
o Present the research question of interest.
o Explain how the chosen statistical test applies to this research question.
o Provide the statistical notation and written explanations for the null and alternative hypotheses.
o Explain the types of errors that can occur.
o Participants (1 paragraph)
List how many participants will be selected.
Identify who will be the participants and their major demographic characteristics (e.g., sex, age, etc.).
Explain how participants will be selected for the study.
o Procedures (1-2 paragraphs)
Identify the variables in the study.
Describe each variable’s scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio) and characteristics (i.e., discrete vs. continuous, qualitative vs. categorical, etc.).
Provide an operational definition for each variable, explaining how the variables will be measured.
Results: (1-2 paragraphs)
o Describe the statistical test that will be conducted. Be sure to include why the test was chosen and why it is appropriate for this study. Also, describe the role of post-hoc tests in the analysis.
o Identify the information that will be obtained from the results of this test and what will be needed to draw conclusions regarding the hypotheses.
Discussion: (1 paragraph)
o Identify any expected biases, assumptions, or faults with the proposed study and the use of the identified statistical test.
o Explain what conclusions can and cannot be made for this study, and using this statistical test.
o Describe the practical significance or importance of the results.
The paper should be APA formatted as a research proposal, with in-text citation.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]