Instruction Inside document. No need to retype question in order.
Section 1: Short Answer-You need to come up with a total of 35 points and combine any combination of questions. Make sure you indicate the civilization where appropriate. Please put the point total after each question.
- What was the purpose of the TajMahal? (2 points)
- Who were the Terra Cotta Warriors, who had them made and why? (5 points)
- Name two female pharaohs. (4 points)
- What is the Maritime Hypothesis? (3 points)
- According to the Mayan Calendar, on what day is the world supposed to end? (1 point)
- What is the “Ballgame”? Where was it played? What did the players wear? Why is it significant? (www.ballgame.org) a great site (5 points)
- Please list 5 facts about the Great Wall of China and include at least 2 myths (out of the 5) associated with it. 5 points
- Name three rivers that have been the point of origins for various civilizations. Be sure and name the civilization. 3 points
- Who was the Lord of Sipan? 3points
- Why was chocolate important in Mesoamerica? (Can be found under “Course Documents”.5 points
- Name 5 ancient Egyptian gods. 5 points
- Name two of the Crystal Skulls. (2 points)
- What is a maoi and where are they found? 3 points
14. What is this and what does it mean? 4 points
15. Where is this and what is it? 3 points
- What is this? 4 points
17. This is an example of Moche pottery? What are some theories about their pottery. 5 points
- What is the curse of King Tut. Please explain the myths and realities of this? 5 points
Section 2- Long Essay
Please be sure to do a good job on these and answer in essay format.
Places studied Ancient Egypt, Indus, China, North America, South America, Meso America.
1. Imagine you woke up this morning in one of the areas we have studied at the peak of that early civilization. (Places studied Ancient Egypt, Indus, China, North America, South America, Meso America.) What would your life be like (no, you’re not royalty, just a common person). What would you do, eat, see, own? Where would you live, what job would you have, what would you wear, how would your life be regulated? You will need to use your imagination on this and give a specific time period. Also be sure to include if you are male and female and obviously discuss your rights as in relationto your gender. You will also need to include if your society was stratified and how this affects your life as well as the different levels of stratification that exist. Be very specific and take this seriously because I expect a well thought out answer. Where and why did your society develop? Why do you think your society collapsed?
Ancient North America (Pick 1)
1. How can burial behavior be informative about the nature of social/economic organization in the past?
- Please discuss the mound cultures throughout the United States. Choose at least two sites and discuss what is known and not known about them. Also please discuss the various physical remains that archaeologists have found.
- Characterize the methods with which Native Americans inhabited, farmed, and built complex societies in the Southwest United States and Sonoran desert. And discuss the various debates over the organization of society during the Chaco Phenomenon
- Who were the Anasazi? Where did they exist, and what is known aobut them? Why have they been called “Cannibals of the Canyon”? What happened to them?
5.What kinds of evidence do archaeologists use from Native North American sites to conclude that multiple nuclear families were living in a single dwelling? How could archaeologists determine that stratification was present at Moundville?
Ancient South America (Pick 1)
1. Who are the “Ice Mummies” and why are they important.
2. Outline the religious beliefs and mortuary traditions throughout the Andean sequence, and how they changed or persist through time.
3. Describe the major monuments and artistic achievements of Andean civilizations. And explain how the Inca acquired, consolidated, and maintained the largest empire in the pre- Columbian Americas.
4. Describe the discoveries at Sipán and why they were important for understanding ancient societies in South America.
or?5. Describe the sites of Cuzco and Machu Picchu.
- Explain how the Inca came to power and how they obtained and maintained their authority over other groups.
7.Please discuss the civilization on Easter Island. Why is it so well known? What happened to it?
Ancient MesoAmerica (Please pick one)
1.Characterize kingship in the various regions of Mesoamerica, and understand how rulers legitimized their power. How did chocolate factor into these civilization.
- Compare and contrast Classic period Tikal, Monte Albán, and Teotihuacán
3.Relate the methods by which the Aztec conquered and then ruled a large empire. explain how the Spaniards and their Mesoamerican allies were able to overthrow the Aztec Empire
- To what extent did people in Mesoamerica practice human sacrifice and cannibalism?
- Trace the development of the Maya by comparing the sites of El Mirador, Tikal, and ChichénItzá.
- Please discuss the MesoAmerican Ballgame.
- Who were the Olmec? What do we know and not know about them?
Section 3: Question
There has been much written about Aztec human sacrifice. However, new information has come to light that may indicate that perhaps Aztec sacrifices were exaggerated by the Spanish. Please use your own resources and some of the links I have included to convince me, one way or another, about this issue.
Human Sacrifice and the Aztecs? World Press Review Dec. ’92 (you can query this in a search engine or try www. mexika.org/Sacrifice.htm. Disputing Aztec Ritual Sacrifice www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/6581/aztec-sacrifice.html
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂