• You must answer both questions in Part I, and one question in Part II.
Part I. 1-2 pages. Briefly answer both questions (200-300 words each), being careful to avoid generalizations and define your terminology. You will want to go back to the texts and (briefly) cite or paraphrase specific instances that support your point.
1. The figure of the viewer/spectator, and the question of his/her relationship to film, appear in multiple texts. Discuss how the authors see this relationship and the role of film vis-à-vis the spectator. How does film editing (montage), broadly defined, affect or shape this relationship? You must use at least 2 readings from at least 2 different weeks.
2. The evolution of film has sometimes been characterized as, at least in part, a history of technological development. What is the role at least 2 authors assign to technology in the development of film and cinematic genres? Is the development of technology necessary for the evolution of film as a medium? What is the connection between the development of technology and film editing? You must use at least 2 readings from at least 2 different weeks.
Part II. Choose one question and answer in 300-600 words, using at least 3 texts that we have read.
3. At the heart of a number of the texts we have read is the question of the relationship between part and whole in film and film editing (montage). This can take a number of different forms: frame/shot/sequence; episode/narrative; specific/general, etc. Identify and discuss the way this question is taken up in at least 3 texts from weeks 2 to 5. Make sure to relate your analyses of the various texts to one another, situating the texts in their broader historical and theoretical context. You must use texts from 2 or 3 different weeks.
4. The relationship between film and other arts is explored throughout the texts we have read. How do the authors situate cinema vis-à-vis other performance, visual, and literary arts and various media? Why is establishing or disproving a connection between the two important to them? How does film editing figure into their discussions of film vs. other visual media/arts? Make sure to relate your analyses of the various texts to one another, situating the texts in their broader historical and theoretical context. You must use texts from 2 or 3 different weeks.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!