This year, the American Positive Psychology Association’s (APPA) annual conference is being conducted in your area, and you are interested in making a presentation. Review the flier below.
Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the positive psychology model. Then, based on your research, do the following:
- Select one of the featured elements of the positive psychology model on which you will prepare an application for the APPA Conference call for proposals as stated in the flier.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation as part of your application. Cover the following points in your presentation:
- Discuss the foundational information for positive psychology and the featured element or concept of positive psychology on which you have chosen to focus.
- Analyze and apply current research to support the efficacy of this element or concept of positive psychology. Provide a minimum of three scholarly references of research conducted within the past five years.
- Argue the benefits of this element or concept in contrast to two different techniques in general psychotherapy such as cognitive restructuring (from cognitive/behavioral theory) or dream analysis (from psychodynamic theory).
- Summarize several significant factors that contribute to a positive outlook based on current research.
- Analyze the potential advantages of this positive outlook and what changes would need to be implemented to impact the mental health field.
- Be sure to include a title slide and a slide with a list of scholarly references.
- Remember to include detailed speaker notes for each slide in your presentation.
Develop a 15–20-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Each slide should contain 75–100 words of description and research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.