[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
– Argue by making a case as to why Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (2004) should be included in the American literary canon and stand among the great pieces.
– Discuss such assertion and support Marilynne Robinson’s work with sources pulled from William Cullen Bryant (1794-1878), Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882), Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896).
– You will need to consider some of the literary movements, periods, and ideals such as Colonial, Revolutionary, Enlightenment, Nationalism, Puritanism, Romanticism, Transcendentalism, Realism, Naturalism, Regionalism—as well as the primary works you’ve selected from among them. – Explain how your particular work fits into or has elements of these movements.
– How was Gilead as a literary work influenced by these movements and adds to the tradition?
– Finally, based on the development of American literature, why will Gilead by Marilynne Robinson become an important piece of the American canon?
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]