Topic Assignment 6
- What percent of U.S. agricultural sales comes from beef cattle? (1 pt.)
Name one breed of beef cattle for each of the following descriptions. (3 pts.)
British breed among the top 5 breeds in the U.S.
Continental breed among the top 5 breeds in the U.S.
Composite breed developed using bos taurus and bos indicus breeds:
- Name the segment of the beef cattle industry that fills each of the following roles. (2 pts.)
Produce weaned commercial calves to be used for meat production
Finish out cattle to market weight using high-energy diets
- Indicate whether the following are mandatory or voluntary programs. (2 pts.)
- List the most valuable grade for each of the following. (2 pts.)
Beef quality grade
Beef yield grade
- What percent of U.S. agricultural sales comes from dairy products? (1 pt.)
Name the breed of dairy cattle that fits each of the following descriptions. (2 pts.)
Most popular breed in the U.S.
Breed known for high protein and fat content in milk
- Which state in the U.S. produces the most milk? (1 pt.)
Indicate whether the following U.S. dairy industry statistics have increased or decreased during the past few decades. (2 pts.)
Number of dairy cows
Total milk production
- Rank the following animal products from most efficient (1) to least efficient (4) for conversion of feed protein to edible protein. (2 pts.)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂