Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Revise the previous assignment based on your professorâ€™s feedback.
- Analyze at least two (2) laws or two (2) court decisions that have implications to the agencyâ€™s personnel management. (Title this section Laws Affecting the Agency)
- Analyze at least three (3) major factors why the agency should address and three (3) major factors why the agency should not address Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender in their recruitment and hiring practices. (Title this section Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices)
- Evaluate the agencyâ€™s approach to ethics and diversity training programs provided for new and existing employees, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section Ethics and Diversity Training)
- Recommend at least two (2) actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a diversified workforce. (Title this section Recommendations for Recruiting and Training a Diversified Workforce)
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites (Include no more than one non-government Website)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the major components of the personnel management system, procedures, and processes in the public sector.
- Recommend improvements to processes involved in public personnel management and / or solutions to problems confronting those in the field.
- Assess external organizational and employee conditions as well as their implications to and impact on personnel management.
- Analyze pertinent issues, such as motivation and productivity, collective bargaining, labor relations, equal employment opportunity (EEO), affirmative action (AA), intergovernmental relations, and / or professionalism, facing public personnel managers.
- Evaluate current and emerging issues and trends in public personnel management, such as evaluation, public sector recruitment, staffing employment development compensation, benefits, pensions, strategic planning, and / or succession planning.
- Evaluate ethical issues surrounding public personnel management and training.
- Develop a proposal for strategic public personnel management for a specific setting.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public personnel management.
- Write clearly and concisely about public personnel management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.