a breach of ethics
For this assignment, you will conduct research and describe a situation involving a breach of ethics. You may find your own example for this investigation OR
investigate one of the cases listed on page 10-2 of your Lab Manual. Be sure to include answers to questions 1-4 on page 10-2 in your response}
Activity 10-A Case Study Analysis
Individual Assignment (100 pts)
Conduct research and describe a situation involving a breach of ethics. You may find your own example or investigate one of those listed below:
• Union Carbide Chemical Plant, Bhopal, India
• Minneapolis bridge collapse (2007)
• Boston’s “Big Dig” tunnel ceiling collapse
• Teton Dam Failure
• Upper Big Branch Mine disaster, Raleigh County, West Virginia
• Deepwater Horizon Gulf Oil Spill
Please do not investigate the examples that were discussed in class, Challenger and Hyatt Regency Walkway.
1. Identify the National Society of Professional Engineers Fundamental Canon(s) that were violated and provide evidence from the case to substantiate your claims.
These can be found at the following link: http://www.nspe.org/Ethics/CodeofEthics/index.html
2. Describe the outcomes that resulted from these violations. Be sure to think broadly about the outcomes beyond loss of life and property damage. Examples may
include environmental damage, disruption of traffic, etc. Outcomes may also result in positive changes to minimize these situations from occurring in the future.
3. Describe what could have been done to change the outcomes with this case.
4. Reflect on and describe a situation you have encountered in your own life where an understanding of ethics benefitted you or someone you know, or conversely,
where a violation of ethics caused damages for you or someone you know.
You must document any sources you use in conducting your research and preparing this analysis.
Note: Wikipedia can be a useful, but not definitive source. The review process is imperfect; be aware that submissions contain incorrect or controversial information
on occasion. You are allowed to use it as a source for this assignment; however, you must consult an additional source. It should NOT be your only source for
SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED PAPER TO YOUR LAB-SPECIFIC BLACKBOARD SITE VIA SAFE ASSIGN.
Overview / description of case / 30
Fundamental Canons violated / 20
Outcomes of violations / 20
Changes to avoid situation / 20
Understanding of ethics / 10
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂