[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
This assignment assesses your understanding of transport investment evaluation principles and practices. The specific assignment problems are detailed in Section B.
This assignment is worth 30% of the entire assessment in this course. This assignment is a group assignment. The recommended group size for this assignment is three students, with a minimum of two and a maximum of four students per group.
This assignment is due by end of day October 10 2014. Each group’s report is to be submitted through the OMGT1058 Blackboard Assignments section. Any requests for maximum one week extension must be made in writing (via email) before the due date.
Section B:Specificassignment tasks.
Based on the data in the attached Extending a Port or Building a New OneCase Studyprepare a transport investment evaluation report with the following report structure.
1. Project’s Objective(s)
2. Description of options (alternatives) evaluated
3. Identification of direct quantifiable impacts (i.e. direct Costs and direct
Benefits of each option) 1
4. Identification of all quantifiable indirect costs and benefits of each
5. Forecasting of monetary values of all direct and indirect quantifiable
Costs and benefits for each option for each year / period of the project
6. Calculation of Net Present Value for each option1
7. Identifying non quantifiable costs and benefits and discussion of impact
on each option
8. Risk assessment and sensitivity analysis
9. Selection of preferred option and rationale for selection
10. Conclusion and Recommendations (if appropriate)
1. Need to clearly state key assumptions on which calculations have been based
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]