Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
The Argument Essay
No Research Assignment
Please follow these instructions carefully and completely.
1. Please review chapter three and the comments you received on the two prep homeworks for this essay.
2. After reading the prompt below, think about some possible ways to respond to the various topics and choose the one that you feel will result in the best possible essay. If you are unsure if your approach is suitable, email your instructor and ask for feedback. Do NOT do any computer, book, or journal research for this essay. Simply rely on your own knowledge as a student of the College of Southern Nevada and what is logical.
3. Write a 700+ word third person argument essay in a high style (as described in chapter thirty-five). This will translate into a six or seven paragraph essay.
4. Use the correct page format for essays exactly as delineated on p537-538.
5. Once you have completed your first draft, proof your essay for content. Among other things, make sure of the following:
a) You have followed the specific paragraph structure as described below.
b) Your tone is objective and fair.
c) You have provided many specific and pertinent details.
d) You have included an underlined a very specific thesis statement in your introduction that is in your own words (and not just copied from one of the topics listed below).
e) You have started all of your middle paragraphs with topic sentences.
f) Your conclusion is full and makes its own point as opposed to just reviewing the essay.
g) The entire essay is completely in third person.
6. Next, using the directions in A Guide To Good Proofing in the handout section of modules, proof your essay for grammar. Be aware that sometimes spell-check will give you the wrong word, and sometimes grammar check is incorrect or will change the meaning of your sentence to something you didn’t intend. Proof AFTER you complete spell check and grammar check. In addition, proof after you make corrections to insure that you have not made any errors in the corrections.
7. After you have completed your last draft and are certain the essay is as perfect as you can make it, reread this assignment sheet to be certain that you have responded to all aspects of it.
8. Submit your essay as an attachment named 100, followed by your first name, followed by E#3. Do not send any message with the essay.